Destination Wedding Photography and Videography
" If you book the resort photographer for your destination wedding photos... it is like gambling! And there is always a constant up sell by the hotel.
one2one photography is based in Kitchener and Fergus, and we have shot destination weddings all over the world.
The vast majority have been shot in the Caribbean, especially Punta Cana, or 'Punta Canada' as it favorably known in Dominican Republic. Demand for our work shooting destination weddings has increased as couples are finding it is not worth taking the risk booking the resort photographer, especially as you will often have no idea who he or she is until the wedding day and occasionally you may experience a language barrier. Plus it may cost as much to use the resort photographer after you add on all their extras as it would if you took your own photographer.
One hotel in Dominican Republic that we shot at in January, had over 100 weddings in that one month alone! What we learned really quickly was that a lot of resort photographers are often sub-contracted by the hotel, with no control over the quality of the photographer or the quality of equipment used. Whilst sunbathing at this hotel we watched a lot of these resort photographers in action - we witnessed the good and the bad.
Do you take your own photographer or risk using the resort photographer? We are happy to sit and talk, with no pressure to book, with anyone unsure what to do with this enormous decision to capture your wedding memories.
What makes one2one different with destination wedding photography?
- Simple... you legally own every picture! You're paying us to do a job with no up sell like the hotels.
- You get all full-sized, original colour digital images (often 1000+).
- You will also get 300-400 fully edited print ready images
- Various wedding package prices discounts are available November, December, January, February and March.
- Modern, photojournalistic style of destination wedding photography.
- We capture other events and fun that may happen during your weeks stay at the resort.
- Your own online wedding album.
- Photographers that use the best photographic equipment money can buy... it needs to be 'sand proof'!
- Highly talented, technical photographers. Destination wedding photography requires a lot of experience.
- We travel worldwide and we're always completely up front about any travel costs before booking.
Photos from recent destination weddings
Tara and Jamie were married at Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
A great bridal party moment captured naturally on the beach in Punta Cana.
Sarah and Jeff were married Bahia Principe Punta Cana Domincan Republic.
A wonderful beach shot in Jamaica.
An awesome place to get married in Jamaica.